As primary healthcare professionals, osteopathic practices are able to open and patients can attend clinic during this new lockdown.
As with anything in life, this is not 100% risk free. However, we are taking significant precautions in clinic to keep both patient and practitioner safe. This includes:
- industry leading air purifier
- disposable aprons
- fluid resistant surgical face-masks
- removal of all fabrics
- wipeable vinyl covers and pillowcases
All surfaces including, pillows, treatment couch, cupboards, equipment, card machine, chairs and doorhandles are being disinfected between appointments. We are allocating a 15 minute break between patients, to allow for cleaning and to allow for social distancing.
If you feel you can benefit from treatment, that you’re not in a significant risk group and you are happy to attend, please do. As per government advice, if you have a fever, cough, are generally feeling unwell or have had recent contact with somebody who has been diagnosed coronavirus; please do not attend clinic and self isolate.
On a final note we request that you pay for your appointment by card and not cash.
Typical Infection Control Cleaning Process
If you answer yes to any of the following questions, then please DO NOT book an appointment
- Do you have a high temperature?
- Do you have a new or continuous cough?
- Have you been in contact with anyone who has displayed symptoms of COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
- Are you clinically vulnerable? (organ transplant recipients, cancer, severe respiratory conditions, rare diseases, immunosuppression therapies, pregnant with specific heart disease.)